Atrophy of the Testis:
Atrophy is the regressive change affecting the testis.
1. Progressive arteriosclerotic narrowing of the blood supply in old age.
2. End stage of orchitis
5. Generalized malnutrition or cachexia
6. Obstruction to the outflow of semen
7. Irradiation and chemotherapy
8. Prolonged administration of female sex hormones as in the treatment of carcinoma prostate.
9. Persistently elevated levels of follicle-stimulating hormone,
10. Primary developmental abnormality in patients with Klinefelter syndrome.
Gross and microscopic alterations are identical to those in cryptorchidism.